Bjørn´s International School in Copenhagen is an independent international school with about 160 students from over 50 nations and an internationally qualified teaching staff.
BIS students can be taught through English or Danish from 6 to 16 years.
BIS is a member of ECIS (European Council of International Schools) and the centre for IGCSE (the International General Certificate of Secondary Education) in Copenhagen.
BIS was established in 1967 and is open to all who share our vision and guidelines.
Our vision at BIS is to provide:
- a positive supporting environment where students have the opportunity to achieve successful results together;
- challenges to develop individual potential and strengthen self-confidence;
- empathy, harmony and respect for all in our multicultural classes;
- a network in which parents, students and teachers co-operate to achieve the best for our children.
- is in classes of approximately 20 students
- is planned to develop the learning skills necessary to share and acquire knowledge, analyse it and use it
- focuses on Global learning to prepare our students for their future in a changing world. We aim to develop the skills necessary to promote communication, tolerance and understanding.
- is planned so students from the English and Danish classes have Sport, Music, Feature weeks, Field trips and School camps together.
- is in English for students who are not permanent residents in Denmark. Students can take the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) in their final year. Danish is taught from school start and French from the C-class.
- we have weekly assemblies where the classes perform, share news and sing songs.
- intercultural evenings, Fundraising events and End-of-term parties are highlights of our school year.
- is in Danish leading to The Danish School Leaving Certificate (Folkeskolens Prøve). English is taught from school start and German from the C-class.
Our students are from 6 to 16 years old. In the Danish department the students graduate with “Folkeskolens prøver” and our students in the English department graduate with the IGCSE.
The Danish-speaking department is for Danish and foreign students who are expecting to continue their education within the Danish Educational System after the 9th grade.
The English-speaking department is for foreign students who live in Denmark up to a maximum of 4 years and who are expecting to continue their education in an international/English-speaking school abroad.